The County Board of Commissioners are the primary executive and administrative office for the county.
The Board of Commissioners is composed of:
- Tony Talbert
- David Woeste
- Paul Wiwi (President)
Among the duties of the Commissioners are:
- Authorizing claims presented by the Auditor for payment.
- Receiving bids.
- Authorizing contracts.
- Maintaining county buildings and property.
- Supervising construction and maintenance of the county roads & bridges.
- Appointing department heads, when the department is not supervised by another elected official.
- Serving on or appointing representatives for other executive boards.
- Provide for traffic control.
- Establish housing standards.
- Supervise benefits administration for county employees.
- Add or alter the boundaries of townships.
- Add or alter the boundaries of voting precincts.
For more details on the duties of Commissioners, see IC 36-2-2.
The Union County Commissioners meet on the first and third Monday of each month at 8:30AM on the second floor of the Union County Courthouse.
To inquire about the agenda or to request a place on the agenda, contact the Auditor's Office.