The Union County Council is the primary fiscal decision-making body for the County.
The members of Union County Council are:
- Alan Alcorn (President)
- Brad Snyder
- Burke Thomas
- Courtney Tipton
- Dannie Witter
- Pat Gentry
- Russel Rude
Duties of Council include:
- Reviewing and approving the annual operating budgets for all County offices.
- Appropriating funding for any purpose.
- Reviewing and approving compensation (wages) for all County employees.
- Reviewing and approving tax and user fee rates for the County.
- Authorizing borrowing for the County.
- Authorizing the purchase or sale of land and buildings.
The Union County Council meets on the third Thursday of each month at 9:00AM on the second floor of the Union County Courthouse.
To inquire about the agenda or to request a place on the agenda, contact the Auditor's Office.